What Does the School Bus Have to Do With the Future of American Healthcare?

“One of the mantras we hear repeatedly these days is, “we don’t want socialism.”  While that sounds good (and conservative, and constitutional, and patriotic, etc.), it rings hollow when you consider the overwhelming majority of the people leading the charge have their children in what amounts to socialized education.  What’s the difference?  If you’re really against government-run, socialized programs, yank your kid off the yellow prison bus and just say no.”

Read the rest of  The Yellow Prison Bus and the Future of American Healthcare

9 Responses to “What Does the School Bus Have to Do With the Future of American Healthcare?”

1. Sheila says:

LOVE it, Kelly!
    “But, Kelly, but, Kelly. We live in SUCH an excellent school district…” (yada yada)

2. Sheila says:

Oh, and I have to chuckle. When we lived in town, the bus would come by in the morning and pick up my kids’ neighbor friends. And, I would say, “Oh, look. Poor (so-and-so) has to ride the big yellow bus and be dropped off at prison, along with the other inmates.” All said in jest, which my kids got a kick out of.

How sad that this is a pertinent analogy. I need to pray more….thanks for the reminder

4. Heather says:

Good article.

While I might be tempted to laugh about “prison buses”, I can’t, because it isn’t really funny. I rather feel like crying because it is so true.

And it would be wise of all of us believers to examine ourselves concerning the double standards we sometimes adhere to without realizing. It can be so easy to get myself tied in a knot about socialized education while missing that I am not making the most of every opportunity I currently have as a blessed home-educating mom.

It’s as though the Holy Spirit will tap me on the heart and say “Pardon me, but….your hypocrisy is showing”

:oS

5. Amy Jo says:

Perfect example of wise council. (See comment on previous post). To shun this, simply becuase there are political, emotional, or personal implications would be foolish. One must consider this as good logic and respond accordingly. Or, stay simple and foolish and reap consequences — or have their children reap the consequences. God’s WORD does not explicitly demand for the removal of chilren from government schools. Wise biblical, principles, however, do.

I realize that there are many families who cannot conceive the financial ability to home educate or opt for private education, however, once prudence wins out and the decision is clear, seeking God’s will and provision will make way for the wise follow-through.

6. Sheila says:

Very well said, Amy Jo.

7. Katie says:

He put it well, although I disagree with the point about the post office, personally. (I think the postal service does a better job of its function than most other sectors of the government, but jmho.)

8. Melinda says:

When I saw the title of the article link, I knew exactly whose blog I would be visiting. He always hits the nail on the head! Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Melinda

9. ochronna says:

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.