I wanted to let you know about a new business I’ve just started and am just tickled about!
Bamboo & Burlap is the way to send your favorite people (including yourself!) a personalized cutting board–I’ll ship them a one-of-a-kind, charming gift!
It’s becoming really popular with realtors or anyone who routinely buys gifts for their clients. A useful, personalized cutting board is the perfect way to demonstrate thoughtfulness instead of a run-of-the-mill kind of gift.
I’m also going to tell you the secret to making them so you can gift friends with your own cutting boards! With Christmas coming up, these are excellent projects for you and your children. But if you don’t want to make them, I’ll be happy to fill an order! Just visit my Etsy Shop HERE with to see all the designs.
(I also offer a bulk discount: Get 20% off when you buy 5 or more boards of any size!)
So let me show them to you then I’ll explain below how to make your own. You won’t believe how easy it is!
The boards are bamboo (dense material that doesn’t let bacteria in) and come in 3 sizes: Small–8×6”: $12, Medium–11×8.5″: $18, Large–13×9.5”: $25
Aren’t these just adorable?! I think I squeal each time I make a new one. These are just a few designs, and I can make just about any design you want (including logos).
So here’s how to make an easy, cheap personalized gift:
- Tear off a sheet of wax paper the size of a regular piece of paper (I use cardstock) and lightly glue the wax paper to the cardstock with a glue stick, just around the edges.
- Design your image in your program of choice and flip the design to make it appear backward.
- Print the design onto the wax paper.
- Carefully pull the wax paper off the card stock and place the wax paper, design down, onto the board. Warning: be careful not to touch the paper to the board until you have it right where you want it and then do not move it. The ink will smear and rub off wherever it touches.
- Take a credit card or straight edge and gently rub over the wax paper to transfer the design.
- You’re done! Spray with a shellac (it’s food safe after it dries) and it’s all ready.
If you’d rather just order them, I’d love to work with for the perfect design. Just go to my Etsy shop HERE..