25 Reasons We Homeschool
1. Christian parents are commanded to disciple their children.
2. We don’t have to deal with the disadvantages of peer dependency.
2. We get to pursue the many methods of education and suit them to each child’s learning style and interests.
4. Because we believe education is a transfer of a way of life.
7. They are more likely to be better socialized.
8. We can “think outside the classroom.”
9. Our girls can be free from the pressure of dual-careerism.
10. A lifestyle of learning affords freedom and flexibility.
11. We feel like one of the most important things missing in traditional education is the teaching of a biblical worldview. At home, we can make this priority.
12. We value relationships over any earthly thing.
13. We don’t believe in cookie-cutter children.
14. Life is much more like the “real world” than a classroom.
15. Because learning happens all the time–I want to be there.
16. Because conversation is huge.
17. Because there are so many options besides college.
18. Because, according to John Taylor Gatto, “schools hurt children.”
19. College is not our ultimate aim.
21. Because of the secret in Proverbs 3.
22. Parents are the most qualified to teach their children.
23. n important part of learning is work.
24. Homeschooling can improve marriage.
25. To avoid raising Socialists.